I have always wanted to be a writer. Ever since I can remember. My mother has, in her basement, what I thought of as "books" that I wrote when I was five and six years old. When I was eleven or twelve, I decided to write a book (which turned out to be embarrassingly reminiscent of The Outsiders, my main literary influence at the time).
But, now that I have time on my hands and I could write as much (or as little) as I wanted, I find myself shamefully devoid of ideas. My creative-self, which used to be inspired by the small part of the world in which I found myself, seems to be starving.
I need to kick-start my writerbrain.
So, I started to think about my most prolific and creative periods. When did I write the most? When did I write my best? When I was in school. When I had assignments. When I had creative writing classes.
This is where you come in.
I need assignments. Writing prompts. Something to inspire, to stimulate, to rouse my seemingly-dormant writerbrain and make it work. I need your help. Desperately. I'm begging.
So, THE RULES:
1. Writing will officially begin on January 1, 2008.
2. Prompts can be offered at any time starting right now.
3. Prompts must be left as a comment on this journal.
4. Prompts can be a single word, a phrase, but must be no longer than one sentence (you've got to leave me room to be creative with my response).
5. Beginning, January 1, 2008, I must post a response to a prompt of my choosing on a daily basis.
6. If I run out of prompts, I still have to post something daily (in other words, I need to find my own prompts....and, just like anyone else, I will leave the prompts as a comment in this journal).
So, LET THE PROMPTING BEGIN!!!!